Friday, September 23, 2011

"If you like me, then say you like me."

Today is probably one of those days I won't ever forget.

Nothing spectacuarly special happened today, but it was unforgettable nonetheless.

Since I've last posted, there have been tons of things that has happened...like I'm on the volleyball team, I'm back at my home church, I have a new crush on this guy, and my senior year is going pretty amazing so far. There's going to be so many memories of my senior year that I don't ever want to forget. I absolutely love the kids I'm with at my school and I wouldn't trade them for the world.

But let me start with the first thing on that list: I'm on the volleyball team at a school who is known for winning state champions in our NCCAA league for 11 years. 11. years. We have a big shoe to fill! But I absolutely love being on the volleyball team this year. The girls I'm with are awesome, sweet, and just a bunch of good kids. I love hanging out with them, especially at sleepovers. We have some of the most CRAZIEST times ever together. Like tonight, we went to a game at Terra Ceia, which is like in the middle of the middle of nowhere. Afterwards, we went to Golden Corral to eat with the guys. Of course, we soccer/volleyball players had to sit together and made one long table in the middle of the party room at Golden Corral. Just sitting back and watching everyone made me realize how much I'm going to miss these kids. I'm going to miss seeing my friend's faces and laughing at the dumbest things. I absolutely love all the friends I have at my school and I wouldn't trade them for the world. Before we left to go home tonight, the guy's soccer coach decided to challenge the girls to a warrior's chant challenge. Basically, we were to scream as loud as we can warriors or our little "chant" we do before games. Since our little "chant" we do, is "team first!" we didn't exactly want to scream that. Since we girls were a little shy (we were kind of outnumbered compared to the guys...we have 8 varsity girls and like 20 soccer guys), the guys decided to go first. Let me tell you, it was LOUD. The people in the lines at the counters and the section beside the party room all turned and stared at us. The guys then started to challenge us and since we couldn't decide what to do, one of my friends decided to step in and decide for us. While we were deciding, two of my friends began to pretend fight. Immediately, the guys were cheering them on and freaking out since the girls were acting like they were getting ready to really fight. Meanwhile, we girls were laughing since all we do is pretend fight all the time with each other. Finally, we were able to come up with a chant to combat the guys and we won...well, at least I think we won. It wasn't fair that the girls were outnumbered and the guys have deeper voices.

That moment is going to be one of those I'll never want to forget. My senior year is already flying by, and it seems like time is running out. Every time I think about next year, it hits me that I won't be seeing my favorite kids every day anymore. I'll miss them terribly. Other than missing everyone already, my senior year is amazing. Of course, there are a few hitches in it, but it's been pretty awesome. I hang out with the coolest and sweetest kids, I'm constantly singing for chorus and praise team, and I have a major crush on a guy I've liked for a while.

But speaking of this guy, the other night, we were meeting in a room before a volleyball home game. We were being loud and screaming at each other, like always, and I had made the mistake of saying that I didn't like one person, that I liked another. As soon as those words came out of my mouth, three girls literally jumped on me to find out who I liked. One of the girls, hugged me and wouldn't let me go until I said who I liked. The second girl started tickling me to try to get it out of me. Finally, I told them they had to find out by guessing since the only other girl who knew who I liked had to guess. One of the girls complained about not being a great guesser and the other two began asking me questions. One of the girls asked me if he was in the senior class, to which I replied no (how in the world was I supposed to like guys in my class? the only one I would even consider liking is too much like a brother to me!). Another one asked me if he was in eleventh grade, and I replied with a maybe. Since they figured I wouldn't date anyone in any other grades and since they had already asked like three or four questions beforehand, they begged me to tell them. I looked at my friend who knew the answer and told her to tell them. She told the other girls his initials, since the door was kind of open and everyone could hear it if she said his name out loud, and everyone screamed.  I stood there for a while, taking it all in and laughing at everyone, and then I left. Once I came back, everyone was awwing. I couldn't help but laugh, since I knew my secret was out. But the guy is a really good guy, he's sweet, his hilarious, he's outgoing, he loves music, and he loves God...his prayers are amazing...they make me want to cry every time I hear him really, really pray.

But, really, it's what God wants. I'm in one of those states where I'm just waiting to see where God places me and what He has me doing next. Of course, I know where He has me now is just as important as where He's taking me. But things are just a waiting game--waiting to get out of high school and start the next chapter in my life. Of course if God allowed the guy to tell me that he liked me too, I would be the happiest girl alive. I mean I would be the happiest girl alive. You have no idea how happy I would be if the guy showed me definite signs that he liked me too. But again, it's what God wants.

But as you can tell, my senior year is amazing. I can't wait to see what's next! I'll try to keep in touch and keep updating this...it's just so hard with all my homework and other things!

love,
hannah <3

No comments:

Post a Comment