Wednesday, March 28, 2012

"Come to me, I'm all you need..."

It's been a long time since I've written, I know. I've been so busy with school, sports (playing basketball, volleyball, and soccer takes up a LOT of time), friends, leading worship, feeding my soul with the Word of God, and seeking His will for my life. Just to catch you up, I'm exactly 72 days away from graduating high school. I got my cap and gown today, and I'm exactly one month away from the senior trip to new york city. Life is flying by fast, and I'm trying to enjoy every single moment of it. My senior year is slowly winding down to a close and my life, my dreams, and my plans have changed so much in the past year. So let me tell you about what's happened so far.

I guess the last time I've written was the time we won the 2012 NCCAA State Volleyball tournament...and that was like in October. So, Christmas was a quiet one and one that was spent with family and a loving church family. You really don't know how good it is to be able to be back in the church family that I grew up in. Of course, some people have come and gone, but it's still my home church...and God is definitely there. Christmas was also spent going back and forth between birthday parties and family things. The first birthday party was for my friend, Sydney, who is probably one of the sweetest girls ever. I really love that girl! We spent the night at her house, celebrating her birthday and running around her backyard playing some games in the night.  A few days later, I got a call from one of my friends saying that my friend, Brandon's mom was going to have a surprise birthday party for him at Outback. So, I drove down towards the beach and waited with friends for almost an hour for the birthday boy to show up. And the best part about it? He wasn't even surprised. I guess that's what you get when you have two surprise parties back-to-back. :) We had a great time eating and fellowshipping with friends and Brandon's family. A few days after, we ended up spending time at Sydney's house baking cookies for Christmas. The guys spent time outside talking and the girls ended up baking all of the cookies. And, to my embarrassment, I finally saw the movie Elf for the first time. Sydney, you better believe I won't forget that day because you're the one who introduced me to Elf!

So after Christmas and Christmas break, basketball season was in full-swing. I really cannot tell you the details of basketball season because, really, everything was such a blur. I had such memorable practices, I had such ups and downs, and I finally saw the agressive side of me (haha!). Basketball season was filled with hairspray on shoes, missed baskets, great games, Subway run memories, free chocolate milkshake run before a basketball game with my friend Nia, record time for changing during that free chocolate milkshake run, bruised toes, tears, sweat, blood, and the greatest memories with the sweetest girls ever. We ended up having our tournament in Lumberton this year and it was some of the best three days I've had in a long time. The girls spent their time in one hotel, while the guys spent their time in the other. All us girls ended up watching Breaking Dawn: Part One, eating Denny's twenty-four/ seven, and planning out our plan of attack for the game that day with some of the best coaches on the east coast. We ended up making it all the way to the championship game and went into overtime with a point difference for the other team to win. We came out with second place, but we were ready to shed the tears of the season and cheer on our guys to victory. Our guys came in second place too, and for the seniors, it was one of the toughest days of our lives. My friends Braxton and John were ending their final basketball game after playing together for 6 years. My heart broke for them and what they had to deal with.

There were a few Audience of Ones and God continued to show up and show off at every single one of them. The past one, though, I was preparing to lead worship in big church (!) that next morning. God really spoke to me during the Audience of One, and I couldn't help but just love Him by worshipping Him. I prayed the whole night that God would use me the next morning and that His Spirit would be the only one in church. After the Audience of One, I went over to my friend Braxton's house to surprise his girlfriend Meredith for her birthday. She was definitely surprised, and well, so was I. That night, I had to leave early due to me leading worship the next morning at a very, very, very early time. So I said goodbye to her and as I was walking out, I went to go hug my friend Sydney and the guy I really like was standing at the doorway. Apparently, he went to go give me a hug at the same time and I didn't see it until it was too late. Instead, he hugged my friend, Kelly, who is at least 5 years younger than he is. I ended up backing out of the doorway without ever getting a hug from him. Once I got outside, I looked over at Kelly and was like, "What just happened?" And she goes, "Well, you doofus, the kid you liked went to give you a hug and you just had to make it even more AWKWARD for me and he gave me your hug instead!" I sighed...yet another way for me to mess things up. I couldn't believe I missed that! I mean, come on! It's just typical me to do that and let the guy think I don't like him...which I really do. And with things like that, it just makes me see that he might actually like me...and he's been hard to see if he does or not! Sometimes, I don't think he does (which is most of the time) and others, I think he might possibly like me...but those might possibly moments are shut down with the truth from another friend. But we'll just have to see what happens...and where God goes with this. Because I really, really like him. How can one not when that person has such a heart for God?

Now is the beginning of soccer season...and we finally won a game. Our first game of the season, we ended up winning for our coach's birthday. Soccer has brought on it's own problems, but I continue to love the sport. I love being able to run with everything I have and be agressive. I just don't ever like having home games, because I feel like the pressure is on us. But that's just a fact of life I have to get used to. :)

So, God has recently be speaking to me about a few things. First, I need to let Him be the center of my life all the time. I have had situations where I slipped from that and I've gotten in trouble. He's taken away things from me so I can focus on Him. I constantly bombard Him with one question I have and it's always the same answer: fall in love with Me, let Me guide your life, wait for him, and focus on everything else and he'll show up when he needs to and when I have him planned to show up. Second, I need to trust Him. Recently, like yesterday, I found out I won't be going to Liberty University in the fall. I don't have enough money to go and financial aid won't come through with the money. So the next two years will be spent at home on Liberty Online and I'll be able to watch my sister's games, be there for my sister, be there for my grandparents, and be there for my parents. I can't wait to see how He uses this time. I'm curious, but I know trusting Him is the best thing for me to do right now...and that's trusting Him in all areas of my life: school, friends, home, with the guy I really like, and learning who He is and how He loves me.

For now though, I will continue to update this when possible. But I'm going to follow His will for my life and continue to fall in love with Him, no matter what anyone else says.

-hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment