Saturday, June 18, 2011

why

I still haven't really figured out why I wanted to re-start my blogging experience. I had a blog before, but silly little me forgot the e-mail and the password I used to access the blog. The little sheet of paper I wrote the e-mail and password on has to be in my desk somewhere....but I'm pretty sure I'll never find it again. But back to the subject. I've given much thought about why I want to start a blog again, to take up a great chore of attempting to write every single day, and there's only three reasons I could come up with:
1. I want to glorify God in everything I do, and blogging will allow me to use the writing talent He has given me to His glory and His honor.
2. I'm a senior. I know, FINALLY! :) I want to write down my experiences of the summer before senior year and my senior year for the purpose of looking back at it during the years and laugh at myself.
3. I have this dream of becoming a writer, a blogger, and a person who loves coffee. I'm not a published writer (I do write a whole lot, just ask my family and ex-boyfriend [and best friend] who could not and still cannot stand the love story I write), I'm starting my first blog, and I hate coffee so I think this will be one step in that direction. :)

But now that you know the reasons on writing the blog, I think you should know a little bit about me. As was previously mentioned, I am offically a senior. I am also a Christian and I want to know God so well and I want to be a woman after God's own heart. I do fail all the time in my pursuit of becoming a woman after God's heart, but I know He still loves me and will still pick me up off the floor when I fall. My God is amazing, and there's nothing anyone can do to change that. Not only has God blessed me with an amazing family and life, but He's also blessed me with a talent for music. I love to play guitar and sing, especially with my dad. I also have a desire to play piano. I've had two attempts to learn the piano, but each time I give up way too soon. As was previously mentioned, I'm also a writer and in the future, I want to become a published writer just like my favorite Christian writer, Erynn Mangum (http://erynnm.blogspot.com/). Speaking of the future, only God knows what's ahead. I only have one more year of high school and then I'm off to college at whatever school God has prepared for me. He already knows what seat I'll sit in on the first day of college, what field I'll be majoring in (maybe the crazy double major of nursing and marine biology my Mom and I joked about today), who I'll be dating, who's going to be the friends that keep me close to God, and what dorm room I'll be in. I love the fact that He has everything under control, knows the best place for me to be, and I don't have to worry about anything. That's such an amazing feeling!

So, Lord, I give you this blog. Just like everything else in my life, I ask You to use this for Your glory and honor and let this be something people can look at and realize that You are truly in control of everything and You are the only way to heaven (John 14:6). Be lifted up and glorified through this!

hannah <3

No comments:

Post a Comment